10 Easy Ways To Improve The Start Of Your Day.
What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Are you straight onto your laptop or phone checking up on emails and planning your day? We all know we shouldn’t do it, but when you’ve got a busy life, you just can’t help it. Many of us reach for our phones the second we wake up, and they’re often the last thing we look at before we go to bed, but we may not realise just how much they rule our lives.
Here are some of my top tips on the best way to start your day:
- Starting your day well all starts the night before – make sure you get a decent amount of sleep, the average adult is recommended to have 7 hours sleep.
- Set your alarm 15 minutes earlier – Honestly it’s not as bad as it sounds, if you can stick to the routine for a week it’s more likely to stick and you’ll find yourself naturally waking up before your alarm. Setting your alarm 15 minutes earlier means you don’t have to jump out of bed and rush through your morning. You can begin your morning by lying in bed, slowly waking up.
- Stretch – Whether you stretch out whilst still tucked up under the covers or while you’re in the shower, stretching out your muscles after a good night’s sleep is a great but gentle way of waking up.
- Shower – An early morning shower improves blood circulation, increases alertness and can also help relieve muscle aches and relax your body.
- Drink water –Drinking water in the morning before you eat anything can help purify your body’s internal system also after seven or eight hours of sleep, your body becomes dehydrated. Drinking water upon waking helps increase the flow of oxygen, and aids in the production of muscle and blood cells.
- Exercise – If you have time try and get a little exercise into your morning routine. You don’t have to do a 5k run but some quick exercises such as press ups or squats are 100% manageable.
- Have a read of the news – Take a few minutes to catch up with current affairs, it’s good to keep up to date with the news to stop yourself getting into a work bubble.
- Have breakfast – A healthy breakfast consists of lean protein, whole grains, and healthy fats. By eating breakfast you’ll be less hungry throughout the day, you’ll have better focus and concentration and you’ll have more energy.
- Give yourself at least 15 minutes of no screen time – Besides turning off an alarm that might be on your phone, resist the urge to check your email or social media.
- Think about your goals for the day – Think about what do you want to achieve today? What is on your to-do list and how are you going to tick it off? Having a list of things you need to do is a great way to segment your day.
So, how do you start your day? I’d love to know!
Follow me on: